- See Disciplines
Single Player Edit
Most tomes are found on bookstands marked with the Vampire Ankh on them, although they may be found on any flat surface, especially in modern times
Middle Ages Edit
- Animalism - Nosferatu Tunnels 2 - Secret door a third of the way between Tunnels 1 and berserker boss; the door can be seen with Heightened Senses. The tome is replaced with the Holy Reliquary in the To Curse the Darkness multiplayer map, in which the Monocle of Clarity is found, which can also be used to find the door; in the single player, the Monocle is not found until the Tower of London
- Path of Blood - Tremere Chantry 2 - Second laboratory
- Dominate - Stephensdom Clock Tower 1 - bottom floor
- Lure of Flames - Teutonic Knight base 3 - Tremere laboratory, second room
- Blood Magic - Haus de Hexe Laboratory - Just before the last room, guarded by a Tremere Lord
- Hands of Destruction - Vyzerad Castle 2 - second room on left
Modern times Edit
- Lure of Flames - Society of Leopold 2 - in a room in the third parallel hallway
- Obfuscate - Setite Temple level 2 - behind a triangle switch on the right
- Potence - Tower of London 1 - dead end
- Protean - nosferatu Sewers 2 -
- Mortis - Giovanni Warehouse 2 -
- Dominate - Ventrue Factory 2 - near exit to next level?
- Animalism - Cathedral of Flesh 1 - near exit to level 2
Character Advancement Edit
It is quite redundant to give it to Christof, as he receives this ability after the Vozhd in Vysehrad Castle is dealt with. Erik the Gangrel and Samuel the Nosferatu, and characters of those clans in multiplayer, start with it.
Not given to characters as advancement
No vampire clans start with this skill; it is only available as a tome (one in the single-player game)
Erik receives this skill after the encounter with Luther Black, after the party has left Stephensdom; Samuel, after the modern age encounter with Orsi. Brujah and Toreador in single- and multi-player get this skill; Christof, Wilhem, and Pink start with it, as does the Toreador Lily. Within the Darkness and other modifications to the game may create characters of other clans not normally in Redemption that also use this skill
Not available at all in single player. There is a tome in Leaves of Three multiplayer scenario.
Wilhem receives this skill after the encounter with Luther Black, after the party has left Stephensdom. Christof and Lily receive it after they first encounter Lucretia. Christof and Lily both receive this after the first encounter with Lucretia in the Setite temple
This ability is given to Christof after navigating Josef's Tunnels, to Pink at the top of the Tower, and to Samuel at the end of the Sewers.
Serena obtains this skill after Etrius is defeated, and there is one tome in the Dark Ages, with a Humanity requirement
So good, the developers gave the players two of its tomes. Only available as a tome.
Consider that Serena also receives Lure of Flames. Do not give the Mortis Tome found in the Sewers to Christof, as he receives the skill for free at the very end of the Giovanni Warehouse
- Later in the game, when there is access to Theft of Vitae or at the very least, Tongue of the Asp, and money flows like water from all the Heavy Weapons that can be found in chests, the Mortis Tome found in the Sewers is an easier option to fit into the game plan
Obfuscate ability is given to Wilhem after navigating Josef's Tunnels. Christof gets it after the encounter with Luther Black, after the party has left Stephensdom. Lily gets it after the Giovanni stronghold is raided. Samuel starts with it. Nosferatu in the single player game all have varying levels of it, making more and more of their actions invisible.
Dark Hunter is the only skill granted by this tome. Players cannot choose a Lasombra character Lasombra enemies in multiplayer can use Dominate and Potence skills as well as Obtenebration only skill used by the Lasombra in the single-player game. The Lasombra clan and powers were added by the Within the Darkness mod, but the powers were still reserved in comparison to the Mind's Eye / tabletop version.
Potence is not available as a Tome in single player, nor is it granted to any of the characters. Brujah and Nosferatu in single- and multi-player get this skill. Christof, Wilhem, and Pink start with it, as does the Nosferatu Samuel
Brujah, Toreador and Ventrue in single- and multi-player get this skill. Christof, Wilhem, Lily, and Pink start with it. Awe + Feed
Christof receives this group after retrieving the fragment of the Book of Nod
Christof is given Serpentis after the second encounter with Lucretia, whether he chooses to drink from the heart or destroy it.