- See Disciplines
Single Player Edit
Most tomes are found on bookstands marked with the Vampire Ankh on them, although they may be found on any flat surface, especially in modern times
Middle Ages Edit
- Animalism - Nosferatu Tunnels 2 - Secret door a third of the way between Josef's Tunnels 1 and Berserker boss; the door can be seen with Heightened Senses. The tome is replaced with the Holy Reliquary in the To Curse the Darkness multiplayer map. In that same map, the Monocle of Clarity is found, and can also be used to find the door. In the single player, the Monocle is not found until the Tower of London and is itself behind a secret door. In multiplayer, Animalism is by Clan or made by Storyteller or console command, never found.
- Blood Magic - Tremere Chantry 2 - Second laboratory
- Dominate - Stephensdom Clock Tower 1 - bottom floor
- Lure of Flames - Teutonic Knight Base 3 - Tremere laboratory, second room
- Blood Magic - Haus de Hexe Laboratory - Just before the last room, guarded by a Tremere Lord
- Hands of Destruction - Vysehrad Castle 2 - second room on left
Modern times Edit
- Lure of Flames - Society of Leopold 2 - in a room in the third parallel hallway
- Obfuscate - Setite Temple level 2 - behind a triangle switch on the right
- Potence - Tower of London 1 - dead end
- Protean - Nosferatu Sewers 2 -
- Mortis - Giovanni Warehouse 2 -
- Dominate - Ventrue Factory 2 - near exit to next level?
- Animalism - Cathedral of Flesh 1 - near exit to level 2
Character Advancement Edit
It is quite redundant to give it to Christof, as he receives this ability after the Vozhd in Vysehrad Castle is dealt with. Erik the Gangrel and Samuel the Nosferatu, and characters of those Clans in multiplayer, start with it.
Path of Blood is given as two tomes, both in the Dark Ages, but is not given to characters as advancement
No vampire clans start with this skill; it is only available as a tome (one in the single-player game in Haus de Hexe 3)
Erik receives this skill after the encounter with Luther Black, after the party has left Stephensdom; Samuel, after the modern age encounter with Orsi. Brujah and Toreador in single- and multi-player get this skill; Christof, Wilhem, and Pink start with it, as does the Toreador Lily. Within the Darkness and other modifications to the game may create characters of other clans not normally in Redemption that also use this skill
Not available at all in single player. There is a tome in Leaves of Three multiplayer scenario.
So good, the developers gave the players two of its tomes. Given to Serena after Ardan; otherwise, only available as a tome.
Obfuscate ability is given to Wilhem after navigating Josef's Tunnels. Christof gets it after the encounter with Luther Black, after the party has left Stephensdom. Lily gets it after the Giovanni Stronghold is raided. Samuel starts with it. Nosferatu in the single player game all have varying levels of it, making more and more of their actions invisible.
Not available in single player. Lasombra enemies in single player use Dark Hunter, the only skill granted by this tome. Players cannot choose a Lasombra character in multiplayer without a mod. Lasombra enemies in multiplayer can use Dominate and Potence skills as well as Obtenebration. The Lasombra clan and powers were added by the Within the Darkness mod, but the powers were still reserved in comparison to the Mind's Eye / tabletop version.
Potence is available as a Tome from Sewers 2, but it is not granted to any of the characters. Brujah and Nosferatu in single- and multi-player get this skill. Christof, Wilhem, and Pink start with it, as does the Nosferatu Samuel
Awe + Feed